|The most comprehensive online collection of George W. Bush funny pictures, jokes, quotes and other funnies!|
• Jay Leno
Quotes / Bushisms
• 2000 / 2001
• 2002 / 2003
• 2004 / 2007
Add GWJokes.Com to:
George W. Bush Jokes > Quotes 2002A look at some of the President's more interesting and sometimes hilarious quotes in the year 2002:
"I'll give you an interesting idea that took place in Maine. They've got Maine lobstermen are now patrolling the coast on a volunteer basis to make sure that somebody in a -- somebody carrying something they don't want to carry in a boat shows up on the coast. I mean, there's all kinds of ways to serve the community."
- Daytona Beach, FL, January 30, 2002
"And so, in my State of the ... my State of the Union ... or State ... my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation ... I asked Americans to give 4,000 years ... 4,000 hours ... over the next ... the rest of your life ... of service to America. That's what I asked ... 4,000 hours."
- Bridgeport, Connecticut, April 9, 2002
"Russia's most precious resource is the brain power of this country. And you've got a lot of it. It's going to take a lot of brains in Russia to create a drain"
- Answering a question about 'Brain Drain' at St. Petersburg University in Russia, May 25, 2002
"If Russia thought that the neighborhood was unsettled, it might create some issues. But Poland has provided a great source of stability in the neighborhood, and therefore Russia feels less threatened. And I think that's an important nuance, as we say in foreign policy. I think that's the word, isn't it? Nuance?"
- White House press conference with the President of Poland, July 17, 2002
"There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again."
- Waco, Texas, August 13, 2002
"They will not hold America blackmail"
- Referring to America's terrorist enemies, Indiana, September 5, 2002
We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
- Trenton, New Jersey, September 23, 2002
"Matter of fact, there haven't been a morning that haven't gone by that I haven't saw - seen - or read threats ..."
- Washington D.C., November 12, 2002
"The law I signed today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production."
- Speaking at the signing of the September 11 Commission Bill at the White House, November 27, 2002
"I think the American people ... I hope the American ... I don't think, let me .. I hope the American people trust me."
- Washington, D.C., December 18, 2002